The latest trailer for Capcom's free-to-play dungeon crawler for the PlayStation 4, Deep Down, shows armored medieval soldiers battling monsters in New York in the year 2094.
Deep Down features online co-op with up to three friends and procedurally generated dungeons randomly populated by various monsters. In an "include as intended" design strategy, the game's system generates items and the environment at random, including treasure chests, traps, ladders and height differences.
Players' characters will be able to relive and explore the memories trapped in various in-game structures such as monuments and artefacts by "reading" them. As well as being equipped with weapons, players can also attack enemies from afar using elemental attack items, such as an explosive fireball and a deadly vortex.
For more about the third-person action game, be sure to read our hands-on impressions from the Tokyo Game Show where we take a look at the title's combat, graphics and procedurally generated dungeons.
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Dancing Plante - Thu Aug 28
- On Patreon support
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed Aug 27
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Spacecom is 4X strategy, and you can grab beta keys here
- Where to buy?
- Favorite "Bad" Game
- Polygon must change its ethics policy.
- Games with great Sound Design