The latest trailer for Capcom's free-to-play dungeon crawler for the PlayStation 4, Deep Down, shows armored medieval soldiers battling monsters in New York in the year 2094.
Deep Down features online co-op with up to three friends and procedurally generated dungeons randomly populated by various monsters. In an "include as intended" design strategy, the game's system generates items and the environment at random, including treasure chests, traps, ladders and height differences.
Players' characters will be able to relive and explore the memories trapped in various in-game structures such as monuments and artefacts by "reading" them. As well as being equipped with weapons, players can also attack enemies from afar using elemental attack items, such as an explosive fireball and a deadly vortex.
For more about the third-person action game, be sure to read our hands-on impressions from the Tokyo Game Show where we take a look at the title's combat, graphics and procedurally generated dungeons.
More from Polygon
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - July 26-27
- RIP Friends List?
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- DESTINY disappointment?
- Really Horrible
- Tell Us Your Story
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming