Just Cause 2: Multiplayer, which was released on Steam earlier this month, also took the top spot on Mod DB's editors' choice list last week.
Over the course of a 22-day campaign, Mod DB received a total of more than 141,000 votes. Voting wasn't restricted to mods that were released this year; rounding out the top three on the readers' choice list were No More Room in Hell, a cooperative survival horror mod for Half-Life 2 that debuted in 2011, and Rise of the Reds, a 2008 mod that added the Russian Federation to Command and Conquer: Generals - Zero Hour.
Here's the full top 10:
10. Wyrmstooth (2012, The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim)
9. Fallout: Project Brazil (2013, Fallout: New Vegas)
8. A Clash of Kings (2012, Mount & Blade: Warband)
7. Crusader Kings 2: A Game of Thrones (2012, Crusader Kings 2)
6. Underhell (2011, Half-Life 2)
5. Project Reality: Battlefield 2 (2006, Battlefield 2)
4. Brutal Doom (2012, Doom)
3. Rise of the Reds (2008, Command and Conquer: Generals - Zero Hour)
2. No More Room in Hell (2011, Half-Life 2)
1. Just Cause 2: Multiplayer (2013, Just Cause 2)
- Saints Row: Gat Out of Hell sends the Saints to Hell in 2015
- Nintendo reveals the New Nintendo 3DS
- Help us choose the best reader-designed Sunset Overdrive character
- The New Nintendo 3DS is everything fun, exhausting, about Nintendo's strategy
- Peggle 2 is coming to PlayStation 4
- Is Activision pondering a Take-Two takeover?
- More Dragon Quest games heading to mobile, including the original, very soon
- Themes are coming to Nintendo 3DS to make your old 3DS prettier
- Super Meat Boy Forever is an endless platformer, not a little 'throwaway game'
- Ambitious, beautiful multiplayer space combat game GoD Factory: Wingmen launches today