Calling the 2013 holiday shopping season the company's best ever, online retailer Amazon announced this week it sold more than 36.8 million items worldwide on Dec. 2, the day on which Cyber Monday fell this year. The bestselling video game during the holiday season, Amazon said, was Call of Duty: Ghosts for Xbox 360.
The other two bestselling games during the holiday shopping season were Ubisoft's Just Dance 2014 for Wii and Rockstar Games' Grand Theft Auto 5 for Xbox 360. Both Ghosts and GTA 5 were included in Amazon's Cyber Monday sale.
While Amazon didn't provide specific sales for those three titles, it did boast of another metric. According to the company, the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One were so popular that customers bought more than 1,000 units per minutes at the peak of sales for each console. The new platforms have been in and out of stock since launching in November.
To see what else the masses purchased online during the holidays, including Lady Gaga's Artpop and Despicable Me 2, read Amazon's news release.
- Getting a PS4
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- The Last of US DLC
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- Polygon Off-Topic Weekender: We broke 1K! (8-9 March)
- PS4 Now or Wait Till Price Drop & Gaikai?
- The controller: will it get fixed?
- PD Users: Defined at Last! (Humour)
- WTB physical DS2 for PC in US
- Prepare for Titanfall (Xbox One)