Calling the 2013 holiday shopping season the company's best ever, online retailer Amazon announced this week it sold more than 36.8 million items worldwide on Dec. 2, the day on which Cyber Monday fell this year. The bestselling video game during the holiday season, Amazon said, was Call of Duty: Ghosts for Xbox 360.
The other two bestselling games during the holiday shopping season were Ubisoft's Just Dance 2014 for Wii and Rockstar Games' Grand Theft Auto 5 for Xbox 360. Both Ghosts and GTA 5 were included in Amazon's Cyber Monday sale.
While Amazon didn't provide specific sales for those three titles, it did boast of another metric. According to the company, the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One were so popular that customers bought more than 1,000 units per minutes at the peak of sales for each console. The new platforms have been in and out of stock since launching in November.
To see what else the masses purchased online during the holidays, including Lady Gaga's Artpop and Despicable Me 2, read Amazon's news release.
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- The best song in a video game?
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: M! (Wed 16 Apr)
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Post your Polygon Daily/Weekender headers here (April 2014)
- Controller Design Competition
- What characters would you guys like to see on the new Super Smash Bros?
- Scrolling front page - can't access bottom banner
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol.2, No.7: Warai, Warai!