Microsoft is aware of problems with the Xbox One party chat service, Larry "Major Nelson" Hryb confirmed in a post on Reddit, adding that these issues will "get better."
A number of Xbox One owners are reporting problems while attempting to access the party chat service, which allows players to chat with up to seven friends in a single lobby while they each play separate games.
"Had a meeting today about much of this and I can say that things will get better," wrote Hryb. "I can't offer a timeline of a list of what till be addressed first, but we are aware of the issue and things will get better."
Some Xbox One owners are stating they can connect to Xbox Live but the connection with other friends doesn't appear successful. According to the Xbox Support forums, this problem appears to result in being unable to join or host multiplayer games. Further details on this problem can be found here.
- TowerFall Ascension review: bowstring symphony
- The final years of Irrational Games, according to those who were there
- Ouya may not be dead, but its long history of stumbles makes success unlikely
- When a successful game is a failure
- How the E.T. documentary chronicles the birth of the unsatisfied game consumer
- Polygon Off-Topic Weekender: We broke 1K! (8-9 March)
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- When Gameplay coincides with the story
- Battlefield 4 forum?
- Dracul: Now not a Dick
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Do Polynauts dream of analog sheep? (Fri 7 Mar)
- XBOne Classifieds
- Is there anyone who doesnt like Titanfall?
- PD Users: Defined at Last! (Humour)
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?