Final Fantasy 14: A Realm Reborn will launch on PlayStation 4 in April 2014, Square Enix announced today.
The massively multiplayer online role-playing game will go into its beta phase for PS4 on Feb. 22, 2014 in North America and Japan, the same date as the Japanese launch of Sony's next-generation console.
The PS4 version of A Realm Reborn was announced during E3 2013. Players on the PlayStation 3 version will be able to upgrade to the PS4 version for free, as well as transfer their character and saved data.
Final Fantasy 14: A Realm Reborn launched worldwide on Aug. 27 for PS3 and Windows PC. After a rocky launch due to server instability, sales exceeded Square Enix's expectations and caused the company to revise its financial outlook for the current fiscal quarter. At the time, the company announced that 1.5 million players had registered within the game since its launch day.
Producer and director Naoki Yoshida will demo the PS4 version of A Realm Reborn in a livestream on the Lodestone Saturday, Dec. 14 beginning at 7 a.m. ET. In addition to the next-gen version of the game, Yoshida will also show off new content for the current version of A Realm Reborn coming with Patch 2.1.
Check out Polygon's review for Final Fantasy 14: A Realm Reborn here.
- Polygon Off-Topic Weekender: We broke 1K! (8-9 March)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- XBOne Classifieds
- The controller: will it get fixed?
- Getting a PS4
- PS4 Now or Wait Till Price Drop & Gaikai?
- Game development
- Is there anyone who doesnt like Titanfall?
- Prepare for Titanfall (Xbox One)
- Thief: Sneak sneak, steal steal, curse curse