Ridge Racer Slipstream, a mobile-spin off of the Ridge Racer racing series, will hit iOS and Android later this month, developer and publisher Namco Bandai announced today.
The mobile iteration of the franchise — rendered on an entirely new racing engine, according to Namco Bandai — will feature a handful of different gameplay modes including a multiplayer mode slated to drop post-launch, a Career Mode and an Arcade Mode with three different race types: regular, quick and knockout. Challenge races include 108 different races across 6 Grand Prix Series and all 10 individual tracks can be raced around in either direction.
Players will also be able to modify their vehicles, beginning with 12 starter cars and the ability to customize color, rims and body for more than 300 different combinations. Namco Bandai plans to supplement Slipstream with regular additional post-launch content.
Ridge Racer Slipstream will be available through the iTunes App Store and Google Play for smartphones and tablets.
- We play Titanfall, TowerFall and Dark Souls 2 in this week's Polygon Live
- Dark Souls 2 - Overview video
- R.B.I. Baseball 14 wants to be the simple, fast-paced game you remember
- Dark Souls 2: tips for beginners and returning masochists
- Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zeroes EU PS3 pre-orders to include Peace Walker HD