A new trailer gives an overview of the Need for Speed Rivals Network and its social and gameplay features.
Outside of the game, the Network enables players to keep track of their friends' best times and try to beat them, and in turn be notified when they themselves are surpassed.
The Network's Overwatch feature can directly influence said friends' games for good or for ill, giving players the option to do things like repair their friends' cars or deplete their nitro boost reserves.
The Network can also be paired with a second screen during the game, showing players upcoming obstacles and helping them plan out the optimal escape routes.
Need for Speed Rivals is available now on Windows PC, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4.
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: 100% Complete (Thu 6 Mar)
- How to make "South Park:Stick of Truth" more like Final Fantasy