The second annual New Year Game Jam is set to kick off on Dec. 31 at midnight and will run until Jan. 2 at 12 a.m., the game jam's organizers announced recently.
According to the event's founder, developer Richard Blechinger, the New Year Game Jam is for those "who are not busy on New Year's Eve. Be it due to you not liking parties, or because you have nobody to celebrate with or whatever else."
Those who wish to participate are free to use any tools of their liking to develop a game and there are no restrictions on the number of people working on one title. Participants have from Dec. 31 at 12 a.m. until Jan. 2 at 12 a.m. in their respective timezones to create and submit a game.
- We play Titanfall, TowerFall and Dark Souls 2 in this week's Polygon Live
- R.B.I. Baseball 14 wants to be the simple, fast-paced game you remember
- Dark Souls 2: tips for beginners and returning masochists
- South Park: The Stick of Truth let me do everything but be myself, and that's a bummer
- Ubisoft 'forced' Watch Dogs dev into E3 2012 reveal