Downloadable content for Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy 13 that was advertised as an exclusive to players who purchased the V Jump strategy guide was briefly on sale last week "by mistake," according to posts on the official Lightning Returns Twitter and webpage.
The DLC, a costume and weapon set modeled after Final Fantasy 7's Aerith Gainsborough, was intended as a retailer exclusive in Japan with the guidebook. Three weeks after the game's launch, the costume was included in a DLC pack available to all players through the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 online stores.
The costume was available for three days before being taken down. Players with the PS3 version of Lightning Returns who purchased the DLC pack can still re-download the costume if its data was deleted, but the option is not available to Xbox 360 players.
Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy 13 launched in Japan last month and will hit North America on Feb. 11 and Europe Feb. 14, 2014. In North America, the Aerith DLC is included in the game's collector's edition, which is available only through Square Enix's online store.
- Polygon Off-Topic Weekender: We broke 1K! (8-9 March)
- Owen Good, joining Polygon as senior reporter, weekends
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- WTB physical DS2 for PC in US
- PD Users: Defined at Last! (Humour)
- Cheap Shark for Games?
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- PS4 Now or Wait Till Price Drop & Gaikai?
- The controller: will it get fixed?
- Is there anyone who doesnt like Titanfall?