Open world action-adventure game Sleeping Dogs and action platformer Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light will be available as limited-time, free downloads in January, Microsoft announced today on Xbox Wire.
Both games will be available to those with an Xbox Live Gold membership as part of the Games with Gold program. Sleeping Dogs, typically a $19.99 download, will be free from Jan. 1-15. Originally announced as the next installment in the True Crime series, Sleeping Dogs drops players into Hong Kong as part of an undercover operation.
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light, usually $14.99, will be available Jan. 16-31. The game was originally released in 2010 and features a two-player co-op mode.
Microsoft's Games with Gold deal was announced during Microsoft's E3 2013 press conference; it gifts Xbox Live Gold members with two free games per month. The promotion is expected to launch for Xbox One in 2014.
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Personable - Mon Sep 1
- Editorial idea for Polygon
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Woady Reviews Anime: Whisper of the Heart
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - Aug 30-31
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Reconsidering Columbine
- What Have You Been Reading? (September 2014)
- What is your Current Game of the Year?