A listing for an Xbox One release of free-to-play cooperative third-person shooter Warframe has appeared on the European ratings agency PEGI's website.
Rated PEGI 18 and reading identical to the game's other versions, the agency's website describes the Xbox One edition as containing "Extreme violence" and that the "content of this game is suitable for persons aged 18 years and over only."
Initially announced for Windows PC in early 2012 and entering open beta beginning early 2013, the Digital Extremes-developed title is currently available for Windows PC and Steam. Warframe is also available on PlayStation 4, launching alongside the console in November, joining other free-to-play titles such as DC Universe Online and Blacklight Retribution.
Microsoft Studios corporate vice president Phil Spencer told Polygon last month that the company will eventually embrace free-to-play titles for the Xbox One.
"On Xbox 360 we've got a number of free-to-play games," Spencer said, "and we're learning about what the console space is like for free-to-play, because it's different than PC or mobile. You have to think specifically about the audience you have on console, what they expect. But the learning that we're doing on 360 with the partners we have on free-to-play is definitely something I look forward to bringing to Xbox One."
Warframe for the Xbox One is not listed on the North American Entertainment Software Rating Board's website.
- Dark Souls 2: Crown of the Sunken King review: return of the king
- Endless Legend seeks the perfect imbalance to keep players exploring and exterminating
- The New Yorker's archives are free - here's a guide to some of its best gaming stories
- How the Model T convinced Nvidia to build a gaming-focused tablet
- Bungie pays up $95K to the composer behind Halo
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 22
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Standby Or Off On PS4
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 22
- Destiny Beta
- I just want a gritty mature MOBA
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.1: Silent Crusaders
- Polygon YouTube Channel
- Thoughts on Destiny