Sales of Q-Game's PixelJunk Eden during the Steam holiday sale doubled the developer's annual income, according to tweets from designer and programmer Dylan Cuthbert.
Platform puzzler PixelJunk Eden, the third title in the PixelJunk series, was featured in Valve's annual two-week run of holiday game discounts for $0.99. The game was chosen by the Steam Community in a User's Choice poll determining what game would go on sale at 90 percent off. In response to Twitter questions on how much Q-Games could benefit from selling its games so cheaply, Cuthbert responded that the sale did "phenomenally well."
Thanks to everyone who participated in the Steam community sale for PixelJunk Eden, it sold *phenomenally* well!!— Dylan Cuthbert (@dylancuthbert) December 31, 2013
After receiving the sales figures, Cuthbert added that "the sale was a mind-blowing success" and the developer made its "entire income" from the sale.
PixelJunk Eden is currently available on PlayStation Network for PS3 and through Steam. We've reached out to Cuthbert for more details on the sale figures and will share details as we have them.
- Conception 2 review: bad romance
- Blizzard silenced Hearthstone players, and it made the game amazing
- The Titanfall for Vita that wasn't and the decision that changed its name
- PS3 bundled with The Amazing Spider-Man 2 for $269 at Walmart
- Meet the gay soldier you didn't know was in Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Public Holidays = Relax! (Fri 18 Apr)
- Post your Polygon Daily/Weekender headers here (April 2014)
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- PC/MAC Strategy Games Like Warcraft II
- inFamous Screenshot Potluck Extravaganza!
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: PLACE HAND HERE! (Thu 17 Apr)
- Which platform will you get Dark Souls 2 on?
- The best song in a video game?
- Controller Design Competition