Sales of Q-Game's PixelJunk Eden during the Steam holiday sale doubled the developer's annual income, according to tweets from designer and programmer Dylan Cuthbert.
Platform puzzler PixelJunk Eden, the third title in the PixelJunk series, was featured in Valve's annual two-week run of holiday game discounts for $0.99. The game was chosen by the Steam Community in a User's Choice poll determining what game would go on sale at 90 percent off. In response to Twitter questions on how much Q-Games could benefit from selling its games so cheaply, Cuthbert responded that the sale did "phenomenally well."
Thanks to everyone who participated in the Steam community sale for PixelJunk Eden, it sold *phenomenally* well!!— Dylan Cuthbert (@dylancuthbert) December 31, 2013
After receiving the sales figures, Cuthbert added that "the sale was a mind-blowing success" and the developer made its "entire income" from the sale.
PixelJunk Eden is currently available on PlayStation Network for PS3 and through Steam. We've reached out to Cuthbert for more details on the sale figures and will share details as we have them.
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Do Polynauts dream of analog sheep? (Fri 7 Mar)
- PD Users: Defined at Last! (Humour)
- Dracul: Now not a Dick
- When Gameplay coincides with the story
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- Welcome to the Polygon Community!
- Which FPS are you most looking forward to in 2014?
- Owen Good, joining Polygon as senior reporter, weekends
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: 100% Complete (Thu 6 Mar)