A survey sent out to World of Warcraft to "past and current" subscribers questions players' interest in a new annual pass program, character upgrades and more.
World of Warcraft's annual pass program awarded bonus items and benefits — like a free copy of Diablo 3 — to those who invested in a year-long subscription. The survey asks if players would be interested in joining a new program. Other questions inquire how likely players are to purchase the game's upcoming expansion, Warlords of Draenor, at several price points. Those potential scenarios include a $39 or $49 price for the expansion with a free level 90 upgrade, and a $39 price that does not include the upgrade.
The survey also alludes that the character upgrade might be available to purchase on its own.
Warlords of Draenor was announced in November during BlizzCon 2013. The expansion will add the world of Draenor, updated character models and animations, and raise the game's level cap to 100.
- No skin thick enough: The daily harassment of women in the game industry
- The studio that made Tony Hawk's Pro Skater closed, here's its billion-dollar story
- Dwarf Fortress will crush your CPU because creating history is hard
- Dark Souls 2: Crown of the Sunken King gameplay video - 40 minutes of pain
- When men were men and women weren't invited: Looking back at Unreal Tournament's 'sexy' announcer
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed July 23
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.1: Silent Crusaders
- 25 character code not working on Xbox1
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 22
- Standby Or Off On PS4
- DESTINY disappointment?
- Women in Games: A Reaction
- Do you often read the reviews after finishing a game?