Following a brief delay, Zombie Studios' free-to-play first-person shooter, Blacklight: Retribution, will roll out to European PlayStation 4 consoles beginning Dec. 4, the developer announced today.
Blacklight: Retribution is already available in North America, launching alongside the console as a beta on Nov. 15, as originally intended with the European release. At the time of the delay, SCEE community manager Fred Dutton noted on the PlayStation Blog that launch titles flOw and Blacklight were "subject to brief delays."
Blacklight does not require a PlayStation Plus subscription to play, as the membership requirement is up to the publishers of free-to-play PS4 games. For more about the game, check out our hands-on impressions and this developer diary where the studio discuss the game's weapon and character customization options.
- Police investigating Comic-Con cosplay assault, photographer arrested
- The front lines: How a beta makes a game better
- PlayStation Now rentals cost $2.99 for four hours play, but everything could be changing
- Twitter can fix its harassment problem, but why mess with success?
- A video history of Crytek in two minutes