Nintendo will release two new Nintendo 2DS hardware bundles featuring either Pokemon X or Pokemon Y this Friday, Dec. 6, the company announced today.
At Target, buyers can get the Pokemon X bundle, which includes a red 2DS and a pre-installed copy of Pokemon X for $149.99. The Pokemon Y bundle, which features a blue 2DS and pre-installed copy of Pokemon Y, will be available in stores and online at Toys R Us for $149.99.
Nintendo notes that supplies for both bundles are limited.
The Nintendo 2DS, handheld, which has been available on its own for $129.99 since this past October, is a hinge-less version of the Nintendo 3DS. The 2DS retains many of the 3DS' features, including a lower touchscreen, Street Pass and online multiplayer and access to the 3DS eShop.
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Prepare to Die (Tues 11 Mar)
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- Why no wireless chat with Xbox One Headsets?
- Mobile Marketing Tips
- This is why we can't have nice things.
- Post your Polygon Daily/Weekender headers here (March 2014)
- Owen Good, joining Polygon as senior reporter, weekends
- Prepare for Titanfall (Xbox One)