Adapt, the second installment in Arma 3's episodic single-player campaign, will be released Jan. 21, 2014, developer Bohemia Interactive announced today.
Arma 3's first campaign episode, Survive, was released Oct. 31, and Adapt will pick up where the military shooter's story left off.
"While the first part of the campaign focused on the basics of infantry combat, this second Adapt episode plays with the other cool features of Arma 3's sandbox," said playable content lead Jaroslav Kasny. "Players will find more open and unorthodox scenarios, and with the help of guerrilla warfare, set out to defeat a much stronger enemy."
Bohemia will revealed the episode's free "sandbox content" Dec. 11, which will include three vehicles, a helicopter, tank and more. For more on the game as it was when it launched without the campaign, be sure to read Polygon's Arma 3 review.
- How a video game helped save my sanity
- Dungeons & Dragons castle defense game coming to mobile next year
- The New Nintendo 3DS is everything fun, exhausting, about Nintendo's strategy
- People watched Twitch Plays Pokémon for a billion minutes
- In Firewatch, the job isn't to keep the wilderness from burning down