Electronic Arts is done with Battlefield 4 expansions for now.
In a statement provided to Polygon, an EA spokesperson said that expansions are on hold until developer EA DICE fixes the problems that have plagued the game across platforms since its launch last month.
"First, we want to thank the fans out there that are playing and supporting us with Battlefield 4," the spokesperson said. "We know we still have a ways to go with fixing the game — it is absolutely our No. 1 priority. The team at DICE is working non-stop to update the game. Since Battlefield 4 China Rising expansion pack was already in the final stages of development by the time issues began with Battlefield 4, we decided to fulfill our promise to deliver it this week, but we're not moving onto future projects or expansions until we sort out all the issues with Battlefield 4. We know many of our players are frustrated, and we feel their pain. We will not stop until this is right."
The spokesperson advised Battlefield 4 players to visit the Battlefield 4 Control Room website, where EA will be posting updates about the game.
Since its launch on next-gen consoles, Battlefield 4 users have reported crashes on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. Yesterday, the China Rising expansion launched, but players reported being dropped, booted and unable to connect to servers. Check out Polygon's Battlefield 4 review, which was recently updated to reflect the ongoing problems with the troubled first-person shooter.
In This StoryStream
- Pokegon Daily Open Thread: Double Sabre - Fri Aug 22
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- What "Console Wars" taught me about myself and being a fanboy
- Pokégon Daily Open Thread - Thu Aug 21
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (August 2014)
- Anime You Might Not Have Tried/Heard of #9
- 90's Cartoon Network vs. 90's Nickelodeon.
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- Games with great Sound Design
- The Last of Us 2 for PS4?