Battlefield 4 developer DICE's decision to stop development of DLC for the shooter until it fixes issues within the game's multiplayer has resulted in a dip in EA's shares, market commentary website SeekingAlpha reports.
The company's stock is down 7.3 percent following poor response to the news from investors. Without healthy sales from Battleield 4 and its $50 premium service, EA could potentially fail to hit its December quarter forecasts. This could also potentially result in the delay of DICE's upcoming titles Star Wars: Battlefront and Mirror's Edge 2.
Since its launch on next-gen consoles, Battlefield 4 users have reported crashes on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. Yesterday, the China Rising expansion launched, but players reported being dropped, booted and unable to connect to servers.
Earlier this week an EA spokesperson provided Polygon with a statement regarding the decision to halt production of DLC: "First, we want to thank the fans out there that are playing and supporting us with Battlefield 4," the spokesperson said. "We know we still have a ways to go with fixing the game - it is absolutely our No. 1 priority. The team at DICE is working non-stop to update the game. Since Battlefield 4 China Rising expansion pack was already in the final stages of development by the time issues began with Battlefield 4, we decided to fulfill our promise to deliver it this week, but we're not moving onto future projects or expansions until we sort out all the issues with Battlefield 4. We know many of our players are frustrated, and we feel their pain. We will not stop until this is right."
In This StoryStream
- Weekend at Polygon's: Party Time (19-20 April)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- Polygon Connect: The Great "Gamertag/PSN ID/Whatever" Roundup
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- NVIDIA GeForce Titan For Gaming?!
- Scrolling front page - can't access bottom banner
- Post your Polygon Daily/Weekender headers here (April 2014)
- Looking for Game Suggestions
- Game contoller for PC