Bungie will release its next game, the sci-fi space epic Destiny, on Sept. 9, 2014, according to an update from the developer today. Previously, the multi-platform game was slated for a release sometime during spring 2014.
"We first shared the design pillars of Destiny less than one year ago," reads a post on Bungie.net from community manager David "Deej" Dague. "We promised to redefine what players should expect from a Bungie game. We said we wanted to change the way people play games together. We set our bar high. For us, Destiny represents a once in a lifetime opportunity.
"Since then, Destiny has continued to reveal its promise. Every new build brings us closer to our original vision. With those goals in sight, we intend to use every moment from now until the release of the game to ensure that Destiny lives up to your expectations, and our own."
Before the game comes to consoles next year, Bungie and Activision plan to release a beta for the game during summer 2014. The beta will hit Sony's PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4 first, according to Bungie.
- Cheap Shark for Games?
- Owen Good, joining Polygon as senior reporter, weekends
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- Square Goods @PS4 INVITE live 9pm pst
- Polygon Off-Topic Weekender: We broke 1K! (8-9 March)
- PD Users: Defined at Last! (Humour)
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- PS4 Now or Wait Till Price Drop & Gaikai?
- The controller: will it get fixed?
- Is there anyone who doesnt like Titanfall?