Bungie will release its next game, the sci-fi space epic Destiny, on Sept. 9, 2014, according to an update from the developer today. Previously, the multi-platform game was slated for a release sometime during spring 2014.
"We first shared the design pillars of Destiny less than one year ago," reads a post on Bungie.net from community manager David "Deej" Dague. "We promised to redefine what players should expect from a Bungie game. We said we wanted to change the way people play games together. We set our bar high. For us, Destiny represents a once in a lifetime opportunity.
"Since then, Destiny has continued to reveal its promise. Every new build brings us closer to our original vision. With those goals in sight, we intend to use every moment from now until the release of the game to ensure that Destiny lives up to your expectations, and our own."
Before the game comes to consoles next year, Bungie and Activision plan to release a beta for the game during summer 2014. The beta will hit Sony's PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4 first, according to Bungie.
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: M! (Wed 16 Apr)
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Post your Polygon Daily/Weekender headers here (April 2014)
- Controller Design Competition
- What characters would you guys like to see on the new Super Smash Bros?
- Scrolling front page - can't access bottom banner
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol.2, No.7: Warai, Warai!
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- Any clues to why it is called Second Son?