Uber Entertainment's real-time strategy game, Planetary Annihilation, no longer has a hard release date, according to an update from the developer. Instead, the Kickstarter-funded game now has an estimated release date of "when it's done."
Planetary Annihilation "will launch when we feel confident about its level of polish and the amount of awesome we can jam into it," though Uber Entertainment estimates the PC game will be feature-complete sometime in early 2014.
"We are extremely happy at what we've been able to accomplish with the game so far, but we want to take some additional time to make sure we are releasing the best game we can," said Jon Mavor, chief technical officer of Uber Entertainment.
Uber says it's currently "taking extra time to polish up, tweak, balance, and engineer the full game that you want."
Planetary Annihilation found success on Kickstarter in August 2012, promising gameplay inspired by classic RTS game, Total Annihilation. Originally, the game was estimated for release in July of this year. A beta version for Linux, Mac and Windows PC has since been released through Uber Entertainment's online store, Steam Early Access and the Humble Store.
- OlliOlli developer Roll7's next trick, the kill combo-based shoot 'em up Not A Hero
- Blizzard silenced Hearthstone players, and it made the game amazing
- Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn on PS4 - Overview video
- Guild Wars' nine year anniversary festivities kick off April 22
- Conception 2 review: bad romance
- Looking for Game Suggestions
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Public Holidays = Relax! (Fri 18 Apr)
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- inFamous Screenshot Potluck Extravaganza!
- NVIDIA GeForce Titan For Gaming?!
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- Post Your Rig!
- Post your Polygon Daily/Weekender headers here (April 2014)
- PC/MAC Strategy Games Like Warcraft II