Uber Entertainment's real-time strategy game, Planetary Annihilation, no longer has a hard release date, according to an update from the developer. Instead, the Kickstarter-funded game now has an estimated release date of "when it's done."
Planetary Annihilation "will launch when we feel confident about its level of polish and the amount of awesome we can jam into it," though Uber Entertainment estimates the PC game will be feature-complete sometime in early 2014.
"We are extremely happy at what we've been able to accomplish with the game so far, but we want to take some additional time to make sure we are releasing the best game we can," said Jon Mavor, chief technical officer of Uber Entertainment.
Uber says it's currently "taking extra time to polish up, tweak, balance, and engineer the full game that you want."
Planetary Annihilation found success on Kickstarter in August 2012, promising gameplay inspired by classic RTS game, Total Annihilation. Originally, the game was estimated for release in July of this year. A beta version for Linux, Mac and Windows PC has since been released through Uber Entertainment's online store, Steam Early Access and the Humble Store.
- How a video game helped save my sanity
- Dungeons & Dragons castle defense game coming to mobile next year
- The New Nintendo 3DS is everything fun, exhausting, about Nintendo's strategy
- People watched Twitch Plays Pokémon for a billion minutes
- In Firewatch, the job isn't to keep the wilderness from burning down
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - Aug 30-31
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Help Nipah build a PC
- Favorite "Bad" Game
- What is your Current Game of the Year?
- Woady Reviews Anime: Bleach the Movie: Hell Verse
- Stronger distinction of Recommended posts/comments
- What Have You Been Reading? (September 2014)
- I'm going to make an AMV...and I need your help.
- How's this PC for next gen?