Telltale Games, the developers behind episodic point-and-click franchises The Walking Dead and The Wolf Among Us, is teaming up with Gearbox Software to release Tales from the Borderlands, as announced during The VGX 2013 today.
Tales from the Borderlands will feature new and old characters from the Borderlands world in an episodic, story-driven game. According to Gearbox Software's Randy Pitchford, the game "will play like a Telltale game." The first episode will launch in 2014. Watch the game's trailer below.
In October, Telltale revealed on Reddit that it was currently working on a "dream IP." At the time, the developer teased the possibility of a Star Wars-based game. Reports from last month also suggested that the developer could be working on a Game of Thrones-related title.
Last week, Telltale announced that the second episode in The Wolf Among Us would feature Jack from fairytale Jack and the Beanstalk. A recent listing on Steam for the second season of its award winning zombie-centric series, The Walking Dead, suggests that the next season will begin on Dec. 17.
In This StoryStream
More from Polygon
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - July 26-27
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- DESTINY disappointment?
- Really Horrible
- Tell Us Your Story
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Women in Games: A Reaction
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today