Telltale Games is working on a Game of Thrones game for 2014 based on the HBO television series inspired by George R.R. Martin's Song of Ice and Fire series of fantasy novels, the studio announced today during VGX 2013.
The news confirms a report from IGN last month. Telltale did not specify any platforms for the game.
"We'll be taking advantage of all the fiction to make something great," said Dan Connors, CEO of Telltale Games, during an interview following the premiere of the announcement trailer. "We're just really getting into it right now and thinking about characters — who has the most at stake, who has the biggest impact on the world."
You can watch the Game of Thrones teaser trailer below. Earlier in the VGX 2013 show, Telltale announced a collaboration with Borderlands developer Gearbox Software on an episodic series called Tales from the Borderlands.
In This StoryStream
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri Aug 29
- Favorite "Bad" Game
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (August 2014)
- Nintendo Customer Service
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Help Nipah build a PC
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- On Being A "Gamer"
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Dancing Plante - Thu Aug 28
- Woady Reviews Anime: Bleach the Movie: Hell Verse