Telltale Games is working on a Game of Thrones game for 2014 based on the HBO television series inspired by George R.R. Martin's Song of Ice and Fire series of fantasy novels, the studio announced today during VGX 2013.
The news confirms a report from IGN last month. Telltale did not specify any platforms for the game.
"We'll be taking advantage of all the fiction to make something great," said Dan Connors, CEO of Telltale Games, during an interview following the premiere of the announcement trailer. "We're just really getting into it right now and thinking about characters — who has the most at stake, who has the biggest impact on the world."
You can watch the Game of Thrones teaser trailer below. Earlier in the VGX 2013 show, Telltale announced a collaboration with Borderlands developer Gearbox Software on an episodic series called Tales from the Borderlands.
In This StoryStream
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Where's Polygon? (Tue 15 Apr)
- Getting a PS4
- What characters would you guys like to see on the new Super Smash Bros?
- XBOne Classifieds
- Polygon Connect: The Great "Gamertag/PSN ID/Whatever" Roundup
- Gamertag Hook-Ups
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol.2, No.7: Warai, Warai!
- Post your Polygon Daily/Weekender headers here (April 2014)
- I have 1 dribbble invite