Titanfall developer Respawn Entertainment stopped by VGX 2013 to unveil a second Titan class, the Ogre, in some clips of new gameplay footage.
The studio previously showed off the Atlas class, an agile unit. The Titan known as the Ogre is equipped with heavy armor and is more of a slow, lumbering beast. In the video, you can see the Ogre's finishing move: ripping off a Titan's arm and using it as a weapon. Respawn also teased one of the story elements of Titanfall: Hammond Robotics, the corporation that manufactures and maintains the Titans.
Update: Near the end of the VGX show, co-hosts Geoff Keighley and Joel McHale premiered a second Titanfall trailer that introduced another new Titan class: the Stryder. This Titan has relatively light armor, but it boasts better speed, acceleration and agility than all other Titan classes. After showing off the Stryder, the trailer moved into gameplay footage of a battle between a Stryder and an Ogre. You can see both videos embedded below.
In This StoryStream
- Polygon Off-Topic Weekender: We broke 1K! (8-9 March)
- What Game Currently Keeps You Coming Back For More?
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- Getting a PS4
- Welcome to the Polygon Community!
- Owen Good, joining Polygon as senior reporter, weekends
- PD Users: Defined at Last! (Humour)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- The Last of US DLC