Titanfall developer Respawn Entertainment stopped by VGX 2013 to unveil a second Titan class, the Ogre, in some clips of new gameplay footage.
The studio previously showed off the Atlas class, an agile unit. The Titan known as the Ogre is equipped with heavy armor and is more of a slow, lumbering beast. In the video, you can see the Ogre's finishing move: ripping off a Titan's arm and using it as a weapon. Respawn also teased one of the story elements of Titanfall: Hammond Robotics, the corporation that manufactures and maintains the Titans.
Update: Near the end of the VGX show, co-hosts Geoff Keighley and Joel McHale premiered a second Titanfall trailer that introduced another new Titan class: the Stryder. This Titan has relatively light armor, but it boasts better speed, acceleration and agility than all other Titan classes. After showing off the Stryder, the trailer moved into gameplay footage of a battle between a Stryder and an Ogre. You can see both videos embedded below.
In This StoryStream
More from Polygon
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 24
- DESTINY disappointment?
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.1: Silent Crusaders
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Deals With Gold Weekly(?) Update
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Why you don't like this headline: Here's how a change in style guide might just be the most clicked click thing you've clicked today
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- PS4 Beta Codes