Titanfall developer Respawn Entertainment stopped by VGX 2013 to unveil a second Titan class, the Ogre, in some clips of new gameplay footage.
The studio previously showed off the Atlas class, an agile unit. The Titan known as the Ogre is equipped with heavy armor and is more of a slow, lumbering beast. In the video, you can see the Ogre's finishing move: ripping off a Titan's arm and using it as a weapon. Respawn also teased one of the story elements of Titanfall: Hammond Robotics, the corporation that manufactures and maintains the Titans.
Update: Near the end of the VGX show, co-hosts Geoff Keighley and Joel McHale premiered a second Titanfall trailer that introduced another new Titan class: the Stryder. This Titan has relatively light armor, but it boasts better speed, acceleration and agility than all other Titan classes. After showing off the Stryder, the trailer moved into gameplay footage of a battle between a Stryder and an Ogre. You can see both videos embedded below.
In This StoryStream
- Forum moderation?
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: What is this thing? Is this interesting? - Tue Sep 2
- Editorial idea for Polygon
- Looking for good JRPGs on PS3, help needed
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Personable - Mon Sep 1
- Woady Reviews Anime: Whisper of the Heart
- Thoughts on the inaccurate sensor bar
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - Aug 30-31