United Front Games, one of the studios behind Sleeping Dogs, worked with Tomb Raider developer Crystal Dynamics to bring the 2013 action game to new consoles, said Crystal Dynamics executive producer Scot Amos on the PlayStation Blog.
Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition, which publisher Square Enix announced during VGX 2013 over the weekend, is on its way to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. The game was originally released this past March.
Netherlands-based Nixxes Software ported Tomb Raider to PlayStation 4, according to a news post on the developer's website. The studio also "provided support" to United Front Games, the Vancouver, Canada-based studio that handled the Xbox One version of the Definitive Edition.
The Definitive Edition will run in 1080p, and will feature realistic hair for protagonist Lara Croft courtesy of AMD's TressFX technology, which was exclusive to the Windows PC version of the existing Tomb Raider until now. The PS4 version will support Remote Play via PlayStation Vita, and the DualShock 4's light bar will change color depending on the gameplay. Xbox One players will be able to use Kinect voice controls to change weapons and attachments, and to navigate menus.
The Definitive Edition will come with all the game's downloadable content, as well as digital versions of the Tomb Raider comic from Dark Horse, the mini-art book from Brady Games and the Final Hours developer videos.
Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition will be released Jan. 28, 2014, for $59.99.
- How Diablo 3: Ultimate Evil Edition tricked us into playing Diablo 3 again
- Robin Williams' Genie may be immortalized in World of Warcraft
- Development hell: The video game
- Sexual conquest and emotional connections in Dragon Age: Inquisition
- Buy side-scroller Azure Striker Gunvolt on 3DS, get 8-bit throwback Mighty Gunvolt free
- Pokegon Daily Open Thread - Wed Aug 20
- Why isn't Polygon talking about the Quinn thing ?
- Share your treasured Pokémon stories with us
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- Polygon Video Player - What's the deal?
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- The Last of Us 2 for PS4?
- Metro Redux: Will It Be A Must Purchase?
- Could Nintendo go third party?
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall