United Front Games, one of the studios behind Sleeping Dogs, worked with Tomb Raider developer Crystal Dynamics to bring the 2013 action game to new consoles, said Crystal Dynamics executive producer Scot Amos on the PlayStation Blog.
Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition, which publisher Square Enix announced during VGX 2013 over the weekend, is on its way to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. The game was originally released this past March.
Netherlands-based Nixxes Software ported Tomb Raider to PlayStation 4, according to a news post on the developer's website. The studio also "provided support" to United Front Games, the Vancouver, Canada-based studio that handled the Xbox One version of the Definitive Edition.
The Definitive Edition will run in 1080p, and will feature realistic hair for protagonist Lara Croft courtesy of AMD's TressFX technology, which was exclusive to the Windows PC version of the existing Tomb Raider until now. The PS4 version will support Remote Play via PlayStation Vita, and the DualShock 4's light bar will change color depending on the gameplay. Xbox One players will be able to use Kinect voice controls to change weapons and attachments, and to navigate menus.
The Definitive Edition will come with all the game's downloadable content, as well as digital versions of the Tomb Raider comic from Dark Horse, the mini-art book from Brady Games and the Final Hours developer videos.
Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition will be released Jan. 28, 2014, for $59.99.
- Win a one-day design apprenticeship on Sunset Overdrive!
- Notorious Airbnb squatter may be the dev behind two flailing Kickstarter games
- Report: Google to acquire Twitch for $1 billion
- Optimus Prime is no longer just a truck, he's a PlayStation
- Sunset Overdrive's character customization is serious business
More from Polygon
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 24
- DESTINY disappointment?
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.1: Silent Crusaders
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Deals With Gold Weekly(?) Update
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Why you don't like this headline: Here's how a change in style guide might just be the most clicked click thing you've clicked today
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- PS4 Beta Codes