A mod for The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim replaces the game's fearsome dragons with classic children's character Thomas the Tank Engine.
The video above shows the game's opening with the mod installed: As the player character awaits public execution, a lonely train whistle echoes through the mountains. Things come to a head as the smiling train engine disrupts the execution, perching atop the town's buildings and bellowing fire.
The "Really Useful Dragons" mod (a play on Thomas' "Really Useful Engine" title) replaces dragon models and sounds with characters from Thomas' universe. The mod also replaces some dragon spells with "more appropriate versions" of said spells, though the mod's creator is coy about specifics.
Skyrim launched in 2011 for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and Windows PC.
- Prepare for Titanfall (Xbox One)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- Polygon Off-Topic Weekender: We broke 1K! (8-9 March)
- What Game Currently Keeps You Coming Back For More?
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- Getting a PS4
- Welcome to the Polygon Community!
- Owen Good, joining Polygon as senior reporter, weekends
- PD Users: Defined at Last! (Humour)
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?