A mod for The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim replaces the game's fearsome dragons with classic children's character Thomas the Tank Engine.
The video above shows the game's opening with the mod installed: As the player character awaits public execution, a lonely train whistle echoes through the mountains. Things come to a head as the smiling train engine disrupts the execution, perching atop the town's buildings and bellowing fire.
The "Really Useful Dragons" mod (a play on Thomas' "Really Useful Engine" title) replaces dragon models and sounds with characters from Thomas' universe. The mod also replaces some dragon spells with "more appropriate versions" of said spells, though the mod's creator is coy about specifics.
Skyrim launched in 2011 for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and Windows PC.
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri July 25
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Women in Games: A Reaction
- DESTINY disappointment?
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.1: Silent Crusaders
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Why you don't like this headline: Here's how a change in style guide might just be the most clicked click thing you've clicked today
- A New Steam Controller
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 24