A mod for The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim replaces the game's fearsome dragons with classic children's character Thomas the Tank Engine.
The video above shows the game's opening with the mod installed: As the player character awaits public execution, a lonely train whistle echoes through the mountains. Things come to a head as the smiling train engine disrupts the execution, perching atop the town's buildings and bellowing fire.
The "Really Useful Dragons" mod (a play on Thomas' "Really Useful Engine" title) replaces dragon models and sounds with characters from Thomas' universe. The mod also replaces some dragon spells with "more appropriate versions" of said spells, though the mod's creator is coy about specifics.
Skyrim launched in 2011 for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and Windows PC.
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: What? (Wed 23 April)
- NVIDIA GeForce Titan For Gaming?!
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- Changing Posting Name
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Weekend at Polygon's: Party Time (19-20 April)
- Twitch Stream: Titanfall (One Match)
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: 2sday (Tue 22 April)
- Polygon Feast & Fitness Vol. 3
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant