A mod for The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim replaces the game's fearsome dragons with classic children's character Thomas the Tank Engine.
The video above shows the game's opening with the mod installed: As the player character awaits public execution, a lonely train whistle echoes through the mountains. Things come to a head as the smiling train engine disrupts the execution, perching atop the town's buildings and bellowing fire.
The "Really Useful Dragons" mod (a play on Thomas' "Really Useful Engine" title) replaces dragon models and sounds with characters from Thomas' universe. The mod also replaces some dragon spells with "more appropriate versions" of said spells, though the mod's creator is coy about specifics.
Skyrim launched in 2011 for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and Windows PC.
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 31
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.3: Summer Crusaders
- Xbox One Update Beta Invites
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- What games on the Hype Train exceeded your expectations?
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Do you often read the reviews after finishing a game?
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (July 2014)
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- What's your favorite silly game?