Criminal Case, French developer Pretty Simple's hidden object/crime scene investigation title, is Facebook's top game of 2013, A.J. Glasser of Facebook's developer relations division revealed today on on Facebook's developer blog.
Facebook performed a case study on the game, which lauded Criminal Case's "visceral artwork," which initially attracted people to the game, as well as its content updates, which brought players back.
King's Candy Crush, DoubleDown Interactive's DoubleDown Casino, Zynga's FarmVille 2 and Playtika's Slotomania entered Facebook's 2013 Hall of Fame.
"As the Facebook games ecosystem continues to grow and diversify in 2013, we've seen strong performance from international game developers based out of Europe, the rise of cross-platform games on both web and mobile, and breakout hardcore game hits," the post reads. "Join us as we celebrate Facebook's 2013 games of the year."
Check out the full list of standout Facebook games for more on what the social network's employees like most and to learn about the best new games of 2013. Read Polygon's coverage of Pretty Simple Games' GDC Europe 2013 talk to learn more about the game of the year, Criminal Case.
- This is a video game (and it's the best thing ever)
- The Sims 4 gameplay video - 48 hours in the life of a Sim
- Here's your first look at Dead or Alive 5 Last Round on PS4 and Xbox One
- Nearly 1K developers sign letter to end intolerance in the games community (update)
- Keep your pants up with these Goldeneye proximity mines