Cryptic Studios and Perfect World Entertainment are celebrating the third anniversary of Star Trek Online by hosting a series of in-game events to allow players to join in the festivities.
As part of the celebration, Captains are being invited to experience "Temporal Ambassador," a special anniversary episode starring Denise Crosby, who will be reprising her role as Lieutenant Tasha Yar from Star Trek: The Next Generation. The omnipotent being, the notorious Q, will also be hosting a yet-to-be-detailed event where players will be able to earn in-game rewards.
"We've come a long way since Star Trek Online first launched in February 2010," said Daniel Stahl, Executive Producer at Cryptic Studios. "Since then, I've had the pleasure to serve alongside one of the most talented development teams in the industry. Moving forward, the mission will remain the same: Star Trek Online is a game built by Star Trek fans, for Star Trek fans — and we will continue to bring the universe we love so much to life."
Star Trek Online can be played for free here.
- What does it really cost to open an indie studio? All your money, most of your life
- Divinity: Original Sin review: next to godliness
- If Sony wants PlayStation Now to succeed, it has to treat us better than GameStop
- How well does PlayStation Now work on PS4?
- Ultima Forever comes to an end months after closure of EA Mythic