Registration for the annual Evo fighting game championships in Las Vegas is now open. Fighting game enthusiasts, whether they be competitor or spectator, will need to purchase a pass for this year's tournament.
Competitor passes costs $50 and are required to enter all official Evo tournaments. Event passes for spectators run $20 and grant access to the two ballrooms in which Evo 2013's qualifying matches will be held on Friday and Saturday. For in-person access to Sunday's finals in the "Alpha Hall," spectators will need to purchase a Premium pass, priced at $40.
Evo 2013 will be held at the Paris Las Vegas Hotel and Casino on July 12 to 14. The tournament itself will take place at Bally's Event Center ("Alpha Room") and Grand Ballroom ("Beta Room").
This year's tournament will feature eight games, seven of them chosen by Evo's organizers: Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3, Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition Ver. 2012, Tekken Tag Tournament 2, Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter X Tekken 2013 Edition, The King of Fighters 13 and Persona 4 Arena. The fighting tournament's eighth game, Super Smash Bros. Melee, was chosen by fighting game fans through a charity fundraising competition.
- Divinity: Original Sin review: next to godliness
- Gearbox fights back in Aliens suit, says it paid millions of its own cash to finish game
- Kickstarter suspends accused Airbnb squatter's game project
- If Sony wants PlayStation Now to succeed, it has to treat us better than GameStop
- The Long Dark is a quieter take on DayZ, and it's still terrifying