The next Resident Evil game may have less emphasis on action-oriented gameplay and more "horror and fear," according to series producer Masachika Kawata. He tells Videogamer that he's begun to reconsider the franchise's shift in tone based on response to recent Resident Evil titles.
"Looking at user feedback from the last couple of games, I've started to slightly revise my opinion on that matter," Kawata told Videogamer in regard to the reception of Resident Evil 6 and Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City. While elements of Resident Evil 6 were designed to appeal to the fan who prefers the series' horror leanings, the "big dumb action movie" vibe permeated the entire experience.
"I still think it's important for us to challenge ourselves to include new elements in the games to keep them fresh and keep them relevant," Kawata said.
Capcom will re-release Nintendo 3DS game Resident Evil: Revelations for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and Windows PC this May.
- Help Nipah build a PC
- Nintendo Customer Service
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - Aug 30-31
- Kingdom of Amalur - 10$ was the best deal ever
- I'm going to make an AMV...and I need your help.
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri Aug 29
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Woady Reviews Anime: Bleach the Movie: Hell Verse
- Calling all first team Polygon staff to the Set!