The next Resident Evil game may have less emphasis on action-oriented gameplay and more "horror and fear," according to series producer Masachika Kawata. He tells Videogamer that he's begun to reconsider the franchise's shift in tone based on response to recent Resident Evil titles.
"Looking at user feedback from the last couple of games, I've started to slightly revise my opinion on that matter," Kawata told Videogamer in regard to the reception of Resident Evil 6 and Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City. While elements of Resident Evil 6 were designed to appeal to the fan who prefers the series' horror leanings, the "big dumb action movie" vibe permeated the entire experience.
"I still think it's important for us to challenge ourselves to include new elements in the games to keep them fresh and keep them relevant," Kawata said.
Capcom will re-release Nintendo 3DS game Resident Evil: Revelations for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and Windows PC this May.
- Polygon Off-Topic Weekender: We broke 1K! (8-9 March)
- PD Users: Defined at Last! (Humour)
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- PS4 Now or Wait Till Price Drop & Gaikai?
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- The controller: will it get fixed?
- Is there anyone who doesnt like Titanfall?
- Upgrade ps4 to 7200rpm?
- Owen Good, joining Polygon as senior reporter, weekends
- What Game Currently Keeps You Coming Back For More?