The next Resident Evil game may have less emphasis on action-oriented gameplay and more "horror and fear," according to series producer Masachika Kawata. He tells Videogamer that he's begun to reconsider the franchise's shift in tone based on response to recent Resident Evil titles.
"Looking at user feedback from the last couple of games, I've started to slightly revise my opinion on that matter," Kawata told Videogamer in regard to the reception of Resident Evil 6 and Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City. While elements of Resident Evil 6 were designed to appeal to the fan who prefers the series' horror leanings, the "big dumb action movie" vibe permeated the entire experience.
"I still think it's important for us to challenge ourselves to include new elements in the games to keep them fresh and keep them relevant," Kawata said.
Capcom will re-release Nintendo 3DS game Resident Evil: Revelations for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and Windows PC this May.
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- The best song in a video game?
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: M! (Wed 16 Apr)
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Post your Polygon Daily/Weekender headers here (April 2014)
- Controller Design Competition
- What characters would you guys like to see on the new Super Smash Bros?
- Scrolling front page - can't access bottom banner
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol.2, No.7: Warai, Warai!