Next week, from Feb. 19-25, the two most recent Elder Scrolls titles will be available at a discount. Oblivion, already a Platinum Hits title and currently priced at $14.99, will be on sale along with Skyrim, which is currently available on Games on Demand for $59.99. Microsoft has not yet announced the sale prices, but said they will vary by region.
Oblivion's Nights of the Nine add-on and Shivering Isles expansion will each be discounted by 50 percent to 200 Microsoft Points ($2.50) and 600 Microsoft Points ($7.50), respectively. And each of Skyrim's three expansions will also be on sale at half price: Dawnguard (800 Microsoft Points, $10), Hearthfire (200 Microsoft Points) and Dragonborn (800 Microsoft Points).
The discount is a shot across the bow at Sony — Bethesda is launching the three Skyrim expansions on PlayStation Network this month, and each will be sold at half price during its launch week.
Today through Feb. 19, 2K Sports is marking the upcoming NBA All-Star Game with half-off discounts on NBA 2K13 and its DLC. The Games on Demand version of the annual basketball simulation is available for $29.99 instead of $59.99. The NBA 2K13 All-Star Weekend DLC is on sale for 200 Microsoft Points. And NBA 2K13 players can pick up 10,000 Virtual Currency for 120 Microsoft Points ($1.50). Other NBA 2K13 content is also on sale.
- The 'true' story of a Pokémon game that turns you into a murderer
- Russian and German armor clash in Combat Mission: Red Thunder
- A guided tour of the 1 KB hard drive built inside Minecraft
- 'The Players' Score: A Videogame Music Documentary' is headed to Kickstarter with composers you'll recognize
- Fez developer Polytron hacked in ongoing game developer harassment effort