GDC 2013 will host talks about Dishonored, Journey, Wii U development and NASA's first game, according to a press release from the show's organizers.
In a talk called "Empowering the Player in a Story-Rich World: Co-Directing Dishonored," Arkane Studios' co-creative directors Raphael Colantonio and Harvey Smith will discuss design principles as they relate to story, audio and visuals. In "Designing Journey," representatives from thatgamecompany (our bet is on co-founder Jenova Chen) will discuss the game's three-year development process and the lessons learned along the way.
GDC San Francisco will take place from March 25-29, and Polygon will be there to bring you all the news. Talks already announced include discussions about Halo 4 and Hitman: Absolution.
For more on some of the games set to be discussed, be sure to check out our recent interview with thatgamecompany's Jenova Chen from DICE and Polygon's feature on Arkane.
Update: A post on GDC's blog confirms that Jenova Chen will, in fact, be speaking about Journey's development. Thanks, Simon!
- Playing with privilege: the invisible benefits of gaming while male
- Why a deal between Netflix and Comcast matters to gamers
- Moebius: Empire Rising review: remedial history
- Persona 4 Arena Ultimax will include story DLC, RPG-like arena mode
- Investors put up millions for a virtual reality treadmill and now it could come to consoles