Fumito Ueda, creative director of The Last Guardian, said that interested parties should "keep an eye out" for Sony to announce details about the game's release, in a statement he posted recently on his website.
"Details regarding The Last Guardian's release is [sic] solely decided by Sony Computer Entertainment, not myself," said Ueda. "Please keep an eye out for their official announcement."
Sony is holding an event one week from today in New York. It is widely expected that the company will reveal the first details about its next-generation console during the presentation, which will be livestreamed on the web.
Ueda reiterated that he left Sony a while ago but remains the creative supervisor on The Last Guardian development in a freelance capacity, and acknowledged that the game has "been a long time coming."
He also said he plans to continue to work on The Last Guardian "as well as pursue new creative projects with a fresh perspective." The noted game designer, who created the celebrated PlayStation 2 titles Ico and Shadow of the Colossus, left Sony in December 2011 but stayed on as creative director for The Last Guardian. Sony originally announced the game at E3 2009 as a PlayStation 3 title.
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: PLACE HAND HERE! (Thu 17 Apr)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: M! (Wed 16 Apr)
- Scrolling front page - can't access bottom banner
- The best song in a video game?
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Post your Polygon Daily/Weekender headers here (April 2014)
- Controller Design Competition
- What characters would you guys like to see on the new Super Smash Bros?