Fumito Ueda, creative director of The Last Guardian, said that interested parties should "keep an eye out" for Sony to announce details about the game's release, in a statement he posted recently on his website.
"Details regarding The Last Guardian's release is [sic] solely decided by Sony Computer Entertainment, not myself," said Ueda. "Please keep an eye out for their official announcement."
Sony is holding an event one week from today in New York. It is widely expected that the company will reveal the first details about its next-generation console during the presentation, which will be livestreamed on the web.
Ueda reiterated that he left Sony a while ago but remains the creative supervisor on The Last Guardian development in a freelance capacity, and acknowledged that the game has "been a long time coming."
He also said he plans to continue to work on The Last Guardian "as well as pursue new creative projects with a fresh perspective." The noted game designer, who created the celebrated PlayStation 2 titles Ico and Shadow of the Colossus, left Sony in December 2011 but stayed on as creative director for The Last Guardian. Sony originally announced the game at E3 2009 as a PlayStation 3 title.
- We play Titanfall, TowerFall and Dark Souls 2 in this week's Polygon Live
- R.B.I. Baseball 14 wants to be the simple, fast-paced game you remember
- Dark Souls 2: tips for beginners and returning masochists
- South Park: The Stick of Truth let me do everything but be myself, and that's a bummer
- Disney Infinity's Phineas and Agent P arrive first at GameStop March 15
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Robot Mode (Wed 12 Mar)
- PD Users: Defined at Last! (Humour)
- Video frame issues - It can't just be me
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- Just about ready to cash in my pre-order......
- Towerfall Diamond League
- Need your help fellow Polynauts regarding my thesis study!!!
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Prepare to Die (Tues 11 Mar)
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- The Last of US DLC