Dakko Dakko, a developer best known for its PlayStation Plus Mini titles Floating Cloud God Saves the Pilgrims and The 2D Adventures of Rotating Octopus Character, announced today its move into Wii U development with plans to bring its new title, Scram Kitty and his Buddy on Rails, exclusively to the new Nintendo platform this year.
News of the upcoming game follows the studio's recent expansion, having hired on Army of Trolls' Gary Lucken to aid with the graphical style of the Wii U title. Scram Kitty, which at this point is only its working title, will be an action-oriented game with fast-paced shooting gameplay and a new take on traditional rail-riding platforming.
"As a small console team with big ambitions, we couldn't ask for a better platform to be working on than Wii U and we're overjoyed to be awarded official developer status by Nintendo," said producer Dan Croucher in a prepared statement. "Miiverse is an amazing opportunity for independent developers like us to connect with our players, and great games like Trine 2 and The Cave are making the Nintendo eShop feel like a very classy neighbourhood indeed — I can't wait for Scram Kitty and his Buddy on Rails to join them."
Further information about the new title will be announced in the coming months.
- What does it really cost to open an indie studio? All your money, most of your life
- Divinity: Original Sin review: next to godliness
- If Sony wants PlayStation Now to succeed, it has to treat us better than GameStop
- How well does PlayStation Now work on PS4?
- Police: San Diego Comic-Con cosplayer wasn't assaulted, she fell