Puzzle platformer Toki Tori 2 for Wii U is entirely playable on the GamePad and includes new features such as the Tokidex, according to a post from Niels Hooft on the Two Tribes blog.
Unlike other Wii U games, Hooft wrote, Toki Tori 2 does not mirror either screen. It's played either on a TV or the GamePad, with the option to switch between them with the Select button or menu. The setup will allow players to display extra information on the GamePad screen, such as the current scene or discovered songs.
The game's new Tokidex feature acts as an in-game camera a la Pokémon Snap. Players can scan areas and take photos of almost 40 different items and creatures. Those who find everything will be awarded with a special prize.
Toki Tori 2 was delayed from its original December 2012 launch and will be released this year.
- Police investigating Comic-Con cosplay assault, photographer arrested
- The front lines: How a beta makes a game better
- PlayStation Now rentals cost $2.99 for four hours play, but everything could be changing
- Twitter can fix its harassment problem, but why mess with success?
- A video history of Crytek in two minutes