A music creation app called Beats Trellis is free this week for PlayStation Vita and PS Mobile devices, according to a post on the PlayStation Blog.
"With this app, you can create your own beats on the go, fitted with drum kits, funky sounds, breaking beats, and other instruments," wrote Chris Mahoney, Sony Computer Entertainment America's director of emerging platforms. "Beats Trellis is perfect for the person that wants to try making their own beats for fun, or add beats that they have created to a video montage for show online."
Sony's mobile gaming service went live last October, bringing cross-platform support to a variety of Sony and PlaySation Certified Android devices. Sony announced in January that it would give away a free game every week for the next six weeks.
- How video games can change the world, one child at a time
- Playing with privilege: the invisible benefits of gaming while male
- Why a deal between Netflix and Comcast matters to gamers
- Moebius: Empire Rising review: remedial history
- Limbo, Skullgirls Encore and more join PlayStation Instant Game Collection in May