The remake of 20-year old Superfrog will make its way on to the PS Vita and announced on its blog recently.3 as Superfrog HD, Sony
Team17 will overhaul Superfrog with new graphics for the Superfrog HD release.
"We're extremely excited about bringing Superfrog HD to PS3 and PS Vita; it's the most requested game that our fans are always requesting to see make a return," said Debbie Bestwick, Team17's Managing Director. "Now, with the 20th anniversary of the original Superfrog and the recent re-release of our classic survival-horror Alien Breed, we feel the timing has never been better."
Originally released on the Amiga in 1993, an Amiga CD32 version was released shortly after. It was ported toPC in 1994 and the Amiga version was ported to Windows PC in 1999. The last Superfrog release was on Good Old Games for Windows PC last year.
- Want to win the console war? Here's how
- But WHAT CAN BE DONE: dos and don'ts to combat online sexism
- The most progressive game of the summer is the one you're probably not playing
- How to join Nintendo's roving band of Smash Bros. players at Comic-Con
- Why is 2K suddenly so preoccupied with the original BioShock?
More from Polygon
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 24
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.1: Silent Crusaders
- Why you don't like this headline: Here's how a change in style guide might just be the most clicked click thing you've clicked today