Mario & Luigi: Dream Team, a new entry in the Mario & Luigi series of role-playing games, is set for release on Nintendo 3DS this summer, Nintendo announced today during a Nintendo Direct presentation.
The premise of the game is that it takes place in Luigi's dreams, so he's the star in an experience that can border on the surreal. In one section shown today, dozens of small Luigis appear to help out the original Luigi in battle. Solving puzzles occasionally requires touching Luigi's sleeping face.
"Since it's only a dream, Luigi can be [a] powerful, brave hero in this game," said Nintendo president Satoru Iwata during the presentation.
Watch the Nintendo Direct presentation below from 9:12 to 11:02 to see footage of Mario & Luigi: Dream Team.
In This StoryStream
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: 100% Complete (Thu 6 Mar)
- How to make "South Park:Stick of Truth" more like Final Fantasy