Pokemon X and Pokemon Y, the upcoming installments in Nintendo's catch 'em all series, will include a new pokemon called Sylveon, according to a press release from the Pokemon Company International.
Sylveon is the eighth evolution of Eevee, who first appeared in Pokemon Red and Pokemon Blue. You can see her in motion in the trailer above and posing for pictures in the gallery below. Fore more on Eevee's evolutionary path, check out the infographic below the gallery.
Announced at a Nintendo Direct Event in early January, Pokemon X and Y are headed to Nintendo 3DS in October. Though not a series reboot, the games will contain graphical updates like a 3D game world and characters like Sylveon.
More from Polygon
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - July 26-27
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri July 25
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Tell Us Your Story
- A New Steam Controller
- DESTINY disappointment?
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today