Dead Island Game of the Year Edition is on sale at GameFly for $6.79, according to a product listing on the retailer's website.
The sale applies to the downloadable Windows PC version of the game, which requires Steam to play. It currently retails for $19.99 on Valve's digital distribution service. The Game of the Year edition bundles the Bloodbath Arena and Ryder White DLC packs and also includes a blueprint for a weapon called "The Ripper."
A sequel called Dead Island: Riptide is set to launch April 23 in North America on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and Windows PC and April 26 in Europe. The parent company of developer Deep Silver, Koch Media, acquired Saints Row developer Volition and 4A Games' Metro franchise during January's THQ bankruptcy auction and later announced that Deep Silver would be overseeing both franchises.
- Development hell: The video game
- Which games company do developers most want to work for?
- How Diablo 3: Ultimate Evil Edition tricked us into playing Diablo 3 again
- Want to save time and money? Stop buying games at launch
- Buy side-scroller Azure Striker Gunvolt on 3DS, get 8-bit throwback Mighty Gunvolt free