A handful of screenshots reportedly leaked from an in-development Gears of War title have been posted to VGleaks.
According to the site, the screenshots were taken from an alpha build of a game title Gears of War: Tactics, a real-time strategy title that utilizes Kinect controls only. The shots are from a top-down angle and feature four soldiers moving through what looks like a base camp. One screenshot bears text instructing players to "fend off the counterattack until help arrives."
VGleaks reports that players can control the soldiers by drawing paths with their finger in the desired direction of movement and then selecting actions for them to perform. Check out the gallery above, taken from VGleaks, for a better look.
Last spring Epic Games canceled development on Gears of War: Exile, a rumored on-rails shooter that used Kinect controls. Epic's then-design director Cliff Bleszinski said in an interview that the he could give no further details on the title, since it had remained unannounced to the public.
When asked for comment, representatives from both Epic Games and Microsoft Game Studios told Polygon that the company does not comment on rumors or speculation.
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Prepared for Titanfall? (Mon 10 Mar)
- Owen Good, joining Polygon as senior reporter, weekends
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- When can I buy this digitally for Xbox One?
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- How is Battlefield 4 on PC
- Prepare for Titanfall (Xbox One)
- Polygon Off-Topic Weekender: We broke 1K! (8-9 March)
- WTB physical DS2 for PC in US
- PD Users: Defined at Last! (Humour)