Angry Birds Trilogy has sold over one million copies worldwide and will be published to Wii and Wii U later this year, developer Rovio Entertainment and publisher Activision announced today.
Angry Birds Trilogy launched last September for Xbox 360 with Kinect integration, PlayStation 3 with Move support and Nintendo 3DS. The title is a compilation of three of the series' games — Angry Birds, Angry Birds Seasons and Angry Birds Rio — with additional levels, features and new interactive backgrounds and animations. Recently Rovio released the Anger Management DLC pack for the PS3 version, which adds 150 more puzzles.
"It was certainly satisfying to see Angry Birds gameplay adapt so well to other platforms in 2012," said Rovio executive vice president Petri Järvilehto in a press release. "The features specific to the Wii U are very intriguing to us, so we're excited to release this version to fans."
- Games for Change 2014: How gaming can change everything
- Skylanders Trap Team coming Oct. 5 with a new twist and a new portal
- Playing with privilege: the invisible benefits of gaming while male
- How Call of Duty: Ghosts' new Chaos Mode perks will level the playing field
- Is Watch Dogs doing anything original?