The beta for Final Fantasy 14: A Realm Reborn, a visually upgraded and expanded version of the massively multiplayer online role-playing game Final Fantasy 14, will begin on Feb. 25 and include new events, according to a post on the game's official forum by developer Naoki Yoshida.
Final Fantasy 14: A Realm Reborn's beta will add new Full Active Time Events. Called FATE events for short, individual players can participate by being in close proximity to the random events, which pop up in non-instanced areas. The game will automatically distribute rewards when they end. The "behest" system, in which NPCs offer monster vanquishing quests, has been renamed the "guildhest" system because of many as of yet undisclosed changes the developer has made. That feature may roll out "later with a patch," as Square Enix is still tweaking it. You can still apply to be a beta tester on the game's official website.
- OlliOlli developer Roll7's next trick, the kill combo-based shoot 'em up Not A Hero
- Blizzard silenced Hearthstone players, and it made the game amazing
- Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn on PS4 - Overview video
- Guild Wars' nine year anniversary festivities kick off April 22
- Conception 2 review: bad romance