The beta for Final Fantasy 14: A Realm Reborn, a visually upgraded and expanded version of the massively multiplayer online role-playing game Final Fantasy 14, will begin on Feb. 25 and include new events, according to a post on the game's official forum by developer Naoki Yoshida.
Final Fantasy 14: A Realm Reborn's beta will add new Full Active Time Events. Called FATE events for short, individual players can participate by being in close proximity to the random events, which pop up in non-instanced areas. The game will automatically distribute rewards when they end. The "behest" system, in which NPCs offer monster vanquishing quests, has been renamed the "guildhest" system because of many as of yet undisclosed changes the developer has made. That feature may roll out "later with a patch," as Square Enix is still tweaking it. You can still apply to be a beta tester on the game's official website.
- Sony agrees to $15M settlement in 2011 data breach class action
- Dwarf Fortress will crush your CPU because creating history is hard
- No skin thick enough: The daily harassment of women in the game industry
- Launching Civilization: Beyond Earth
- Final Fantasy designer Tetsuya Nomura shows his extreme take on Batman