The problem appears to be confined to the Xbox 360 version of the game. Players are reporting that the shooter doesn't create save games on the console's hard drive. Instead, it only appears to save to the console's cache; when the cache is wiped, the save game — along with a player's progress in single-player and multiplayer — goes with it. Numerous Colonial Marines players are corroborating the findings and complaining about the problem in at least three different threads on the forums.
No Gearbox support rep has responded to this specific issue yet. But when asked earlier this week about the preponderance of bugs throughout the campaign in general, community manager Chris Faylor said, "We are paying close attention to community feedback (both here and via other channels) and will have more updates in the future."
Colonial Marines publisher Sega is aware of the problem, although the reports the company has received — from "a small number of users" — seem to indicate that the issue is tied to installing the game to the Xbox 360 hard drive.
"If you experience any issues with your save game data, please try uninstalling the game from your HDD and playing from disc while we investigate what may be causing this issue," says Sega.
When reached for comment, a Gearbox representative told Polygon, "If the support [forums] don't have this one indexed yet then it's still likely with QA getting a repro [reproduction of the issue] as the game just came out."
- Tales from the Borderlands stars two lying, greedy Pandorians
- TowerFall Ascension review: bowstring symphony
- The final years of Irrational Games, according to those who were there
- Phil Spencer: Games with Gold will feel 'more true' to what consumers want in the future
- When a successful game is a failure
- Polygon Off-Topic Weekender: We broke 1K! (8-9 March)
- PD Users: Defined at Last! (Humour)
- The controller: will it get fixed?
- Is there anyone who doesnt like Titanfall?
- Upgrade ps4 to 7200rpm?
- Owen Good, joining Polygon as senior reporter, weekends
- What Game Currently Keeps You Coming Back For More?
- Getting a PS4
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- XBOne Classifieds