Pre-order promotional materials from Best Buy and GameStop for Destiny, Halo developer Bungie's upcoming game, have reportedly leaked online, revealing details about its multiplayer modes, characters and more.
Destiny will allow players to customize their characters and earn "customizable weapons, gear, and vehicles." The game will include "cooperative and competitive multiplayer modes," according to Best Buy promotional materials provided to Destructoid. Joystiq received similar material with corroborating information claiming to be from GameStop's pre-order bonuses, also provided by a tipster.
Information about Destiny first leaked last year when details surfaced in legal documents filed in conjunction with a lawsuit between Destiny publisher Activision and former Infinity Ward heads Jason West and Vince Zampella. In November, a marketing document and concept artwork was leaked online. In response, Bungie posted artwork on its website confirming the leak.
Polygon visited Bungie's studios in Bellevue, Wash. recently to go behind the scenes at the developer, so be sure to check out our feature. Polygon will have more on Destiny this Sunday, Feb. 17.
Update: Polygon was able to obtain Best Buy's pre-order materials, as seen in the pictures above and below. According to the wording on the back of the package, Best Buy customers can pre-order Destiny for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 with a $5 minimum deposit for the $59.99 game. The card casts a wide net, appearing to indicate that customers will be able to both pre-order and redeem pre-orders between Feb. 18 and Dec. 31, 2013. Activision has not announced Destiny's release date, nor was the game part of the company's 2013 financial projections during an earnings call earlier this month.
- Titanfall - Overview video
- Dark Souls 2: tips for beginners and returning masochists
- Why you don't want an online mode in TowerFall
- Titanfall review: my buddy
- EA offering workarounds for your Titanfall technical woes
- Dark Souls 2 review: not the end
- Street Fighter: The Movie — What went wrong
- Why The Elder Scrolls Online needs a monthly subscription fee
- Back to work: The story of the Hello Games flood
- Report: Google aquires Green Throttle Gaming's assets and co-founders
- Video frame issues - It can't just be me
- PD Users: Defined at Last! (Humour)
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Robot Mode (Wed 12 Mar)
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Prepare to Die (Tues 11 Mar)
- Just about ready to cash in my pre-order......
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- The Last of US DLC
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- Why no wireless chat with Xbox One Headsets?