Ubisoft's open-world action-adventure game Watch Dogs may be released this holiday across all consoles, according to promotional marketing materials leaked to Kotaku.
The image states the game is coming to "all home consoles" during the "holiday 2013" season, and that pre-orders have begun. The back of the materials include a brief plot synopsis: protagonist Aiden Pierce is on a mission to avenge his family, who have been hurt in events brought on by his criminal past. To achieve his revenge, Aiden must manipulate the city's operating systems and technology, including traffic lights and gas lines.
Ubisoft senior vice president of sales and marketing Tony Key told Kotaku in a statement that it has no comment regarding the release date or mention of consoles.
"Ubisoft is pleased with the response for Watch Dogs from media and fans," Key said. "The game is an original IP that has been created from the ground up at Ubisoft Montreal with inspiration from many titles and ideas the studio has worked on throughout the years."
Watch Dogs has previously been touted for release on PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and Windows PC.
When reached for comment, a representative for Ubisoft told Polygon the company has no further information on Watch Dogs to share at this time. We have also reached out to GameStop, and will update this story with more details as we have them.
- Weekend at Polygon's: Party Time (19-20 April)
- Looking for Game Suggestions
- inFamous Screenshot Potluck Extravaganza!
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Public Holidays = Relax! (Fri 18 Apr)
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- NVIDIA GeForce Titan For Gaming?!
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- Post Your Rig!
- Post your Polygon Daily/Weekender headers here (April 2014)