Sony says the world will "see the future" at its PlayStation Meeting 2013 event next week in New York, but today the company went back in time with a retrospective series it calls "PlayStation Evolution."
The first episode, "The Beginning," focuses on the inception of Sony's video game division and the rise of its first console, the PlayStation. Sony Computer Entertainment was founded in November 1993; the PlayStation launched in Japan in December 1994, and in North America and Europe in September 1995. Early PlayStation-exclusive hits included Crash Bandicoot, PaRappa the Rapper and Wipeout.
Sony will follow up "The Beginning" with more videos highlighting the hardware that succeeded the PlayStation in the lead-up to Feb. 20, when the company is expected to unveil its next-generation console.
In This StoryStream
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Where's Polygon? (Tue 15 Apr)
- XBOne Classifieds
- Getting a PS4
- What characters would you guys like to see on the new Super Smash Bros?
- Polygon Connect: The Great "Gamertag/PSN ID/Whatever" Roundup
- Gamertag Hook-Ups
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol.2, No.7: Warai, Warai!
- Post your Polygon Daily/Weekender headers here (April 2014)
- I have 1 dribbble invite