Sony says the world will "see the future" at its PlayStation Meeting 2013 event next week in New York, but today the company went back in time with a retrospective series it calls "PlayStation Evolution."
The first episode, "The Beginning," focuses on the inception of Sony's video game division and the rise of its first console, the PlayStation. Sony Computer Entertainment was founded in November 1993; the PlayStation launched in Japan in December 1994, and in North America and Europe in September 1995. Early PlayStation-exclusive hits included Crash Bandicoot, PaRappa the Rapper and Wipeout.
Sony will follow up "The Beginning" with more videos highlighting the hardware that succeeded the PlayStation in the lead-up to Feb. 20, when the company is expected to unveil its next-generation console.
- Pokégon Daily Open Thread - Thu Aug 21
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- Games with great Sound Design
- What "Console Wars" taught me about myself and being a fanboy
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- The Last of Us 2 for PS4?
- Feature to track games?
- Pokegon Daily Open Thread - Wed Aug 20
- Why isn't Polygon talking about the Quinn thing ?
- Share your treasured Pokémon stories with us