PlayStation 3 owners will have the opportunity to sample the first 30 minutes of God of War: Ascension's single-player campaign starting Feb. 26, Sony announced today. But some lucky God of War fans will get their hands on the demo a week earlier.
Select participants in Sony's "Rise of the Warrior" social experience promotion tied to God of War: Ascension can win early access codes that allow them to download the demo on Feb. 20. Sony says there's still time to take part in the promotion, which offers exclusive in-game rewards — including armor and weapons for Ascension's multiplayer — and requires a PlayStation Network, Facebook, Twitter or Google Plus account.
Details on God of War's "Rise of the Warrior" social challenge are available at the game's official website.
For a non-playable look at the first 30 minutes of God of War: Ascension, check out the recently released, uncut gameplay video.
God of War: Ascension comes to PlayStation 3 on March 12.
- What does it really cost to open an indie studio? All your money, most of your life
- Divinity: Original Sin review: next to godliness
- If Sony wants PlayStation Now to succeed, it has to treat us better than GameStop
- How well does PlayStation Now work on PS4?
- Police: San Diego Comic-Con cosplayer wasn't assaulted, she fell