PlayStation 3 owners will have the opportunity to sample the first 30 minutes of God of War: Ascension's single-player campaign starting Feb. 26, Sony announced today. But some lucky God of War fans will get their hands on the demo a week earlier.
Select participants in Sony's "Rise of the Warrior" social experience promotion tied to God of War: Ascension can win early access codes that allow them to download the demo on Feb. 20. Sony says there's still time to take part in the promotion, which offers exclusive in-game rewards — including armor and weapons for Ascension's multiplayer — and requires a PlayStation Network, Facebook, Twitter or Google Plus account.
Details on God of War's "Rise of the Warrior" social challenge are available at the game's official website.
For a non-playable look at the first 30 minutes of God of War: Ascension, check out the recently released, uncut gameplay video.
God of War: Ascension comes to PlayStation 3 on March 12.
- Game of Thrones' Maisie Williams in talks for The Last of Us movie
- Proof '90s kids playing video games are cooler than kids today
- Win a trip to California and one-day design apprenticeship on Sunset Overdrive!
- Eve's new executive producer has a plan to attract new players with the help of old ones
- Street Fighter: World Warrior live action series in development