A new trailer for Star Trek, Namco Bandai and Digital Extremes' video game adaptation, explains why the game's creators wanted a co-op experience.
Check out the video above to see the game in action. According to Brian Miller, senior vice president at Paramount Pictures, there was no doubt that Star Trek had to be co-op.
"We knew that we wanted to play the characters that we loved: Kirk and Spock," said Miller. "Kirk is this brash, cowboy character, where Spock is the exact opposite. When you break down Star Trek into those elements, you had to make a co-op game."
The game takes place in between J. J. Abrams' Star Trek reboot and Star Trek: Into Darkness, which is set to release May 17. A previously released trailer shows Kirk and Spock exploring hostile territory. Star Trek launches for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and Windows PC on April 23.
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: M! (Wed 16 Apr)
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Post your Polygon Daily/Weekender headers here (April 2014)
- Controller Design Competition
- What characters would you guys like to see on the new Super Smash Bros?
- Scrolling front page - can't access bottom banner
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol.2, No.7: Warai, Warai!
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- Any clues to why it is called Second Son?