A new trailer for Star Trek, Namco Bandai and Digital Extremes' video game adaptation, explains why the game's creators wanted a co-op experience.
Check out the video above to see the game in action. According to Brian Miller, senior vice president at Paramount Pictures, there was no doubt that Star Trek had to be co-op.
"We knew that we wanted to play the characters that we loved: Kirk and Spock," said Miller. "Kirk is this brash, cowboy character, where Spock is the exact opposite. When you break down Star Trek into those elements, you had to make a co-op game."
The game takes place in between J. J. Abrams' Star Trek reboot and Star Trek: Into Darkness, which is set to release May 17. A previously released trailer shows Kirk and Spock exploring hostile territory. Star Trek launches for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and Windows PC on April 23.
- Calling all first team Polygon staff to the Set!
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri Aug 29
- Help Nipah build a PC
- Woady Reviews Anime: Bleach the Movie: Hell Verse
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- how do i cross save olliolli from Vita to ps4
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Dancing Plante - Thu Aug 28
- Favorite "Bad" Game
- Nintendo Customer Service
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (August 2014)