A new trailer for Star Trek, Namco Bandai and Digital Extremes' video game adaptation, explains why the game's creators wanted a co-op experience.
Check out the video above to see the game in action. According to Brian Miller, senior vice president at Paramount Pictures, there was no doubt that Star Trek had to be co-op.
"We knew that we wanted to play the characters that we loved: Kirk and Spock," said Miller. "Kirk is this brash, cowboy character, where Spock is the exact opposite. When you break down Star Trek into those elements, you had to make a co-op game."
The game takes place in between J. J. Abrams' Star Trek reboot and Star Trek: Into Darkness, which is set to release May 17. A previously released trailer shows Kirk and Spock exploring hostile territory. Star Trek launches for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and Windows PC on April 23.
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: What? (Wed 23 April)
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: 2sday (Tue 22 April)
- Titanfall less addictive than previous/similar games?
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- NVIDIA GeForce Titan For Gaming?!
- Polygon Feast & Fitness Vol. 3
- Project Spark Love
- After this, GTA V for PC is pretty much confirmed
- What characters would you guys like to see on the new Super Smash Bros?