Dreamfall Chapters: The Longest Journey has exceeded its $850,000 Kickstarter goal in one week, according to the latest update.
"This is all thanks to you, our fans and friends and supporters," the update reads. "Because of your generosity, your enthusiasm, your tireless dedication, the story will continue and this game is no longer just a beautiful dream: it's real!"
The campaign will continue to raise funds toward new stretch goals. If funding reaches $900,000, the studio will create Mac and Linux versions of the game. Surpassing $950,000 will add "The Loremaster," while $1 million will expand the game into "A Longer Journey." More stretch goals are planned as the project continues to raise funds.
There are still 21 days left in the Dreamfall Chapters campaign, which ends on Sunday, March 10. The Kickstarter has currently raised more than $855,000 with 13,000 backers. Read our interview with designer Ragnar Tornquist about the upcoming title here.
- The amazing real-world Assassin's Creed Unity parkour run and how it was created
- The new Unreal Tournament looks incredible, see it in motion
- Sony agrees to $15M settlement in 2011 data breach class action
- Here is how anyone can get The Sims 2 Ultimate Edition for free
- Titanfall getting in-game currency in update 5, coming July 31 with Frontier's Edge map pack