Halo creators Bungie reveal first details about Destiny, the developer's new mythic sci-fi universe, in the game's first video documentary, "Pathways Out of Darkness."
The new shooter, coming to PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, puts players in the role of one of the remaining survivors of Earth following an interplanetary apocalyptic event. As Guardians, and with the aid of the mysterious protector known as the Traveler, players will defend Earth and travel to distant planets in Destiny to uncover the mysteries of mankind's downfall.
Watch as Bungie unveils early details and concept art for its upcoming game, coming from publisher Activision.
For more details on Destiny and Bungie's plans for its "shared-world shooter," read our first look preview of the game.
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 29
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Nicalis hints at Gex Remake
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 28
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- Tell Us Your Story
- Have you heard of Toki's Magic Wand???